Raise your hand if you feel…
- FRIGGIN AMPED YOU’RE ALMOST DONE WITH OR JUST FINISHED VET SCHOOL?!?!
- Terrified and excited to start your job as a doctor.
- Worried or intimidated in developing medical plans in certain areas of medicine or surgery.
- Unsure how to negotiate a contract.
- Scared you’ll be left alone as the only vet working.
- Like you don’t have a ‘spiel’ down for common disease, or your clients just never seem to get what you need to do to help their pets.
- Like you’ll be in debt for the rest of your life.
- That nobody will take you seriously as a doctor now you’re finally here.
- Worried your life will be endless hours at the clinic forever, with no balance for a full life.
- Ready to invest in your future to be the best god-damn vet and person you can be!
These. We felt these. We still FEEL THESE. You are not alone.
AVA has been a dream in the making for a long time. Both of us struggled through some of the most amazing and some of the most difficult times in our lives the first several years of our careers trying to figure out how to thrive. Not only were we stumbling through doctoring, we were figuring out how to adult! God forbid a hemoabdomen walked in or someone asked us to make a budget spreadsheet. WHAT. The more we reached out to discuss our successes and failures with others, the more we realized it’s a universal experience, AND we realized that it shouldn’t have to be this hard! You don’t have to go through it alone, or reinvent the wheel to common bottlenecks and stressors in vetmed. We are better and stronger together.
We knew we both had a passion to make a change in the veterinary world early on, but growing AVA has truly allowed us to take all of our skills, knowledge, experience, and vibrant personalities to be able to help the future of vetmed a bright one. We want to help YOU GROW! There are so many amazing resources out there for young veterinary professionals, and we feel privileged to be a part of that. But what exactly is the secret sauce? There might not be a perfect answer, but our sauce we want to share with you is spicy, honest, high quality, funny as hell, and practical. You want to know the best part? It will help you take control of your veterinary career and set up your future your way.